Santa Rosa Water Heater Repair
Comprehensive Water Heater Services in Sonoma County
Your water heater powers everything from the water in your shower to your dishwasher and washing machine. While most units are built to last for many years—decades even—without much problem, daily use takes a toll on any equipment. If your water heater is having trouble keeping up with your demands or is starting to leak, it's time to call for the professional help from one of our experts on Santa Rosa water heaters. At Simeone Plumbing, Inc, we have over a decade of experience providing world-class customer service to homeowners throughout Sonoma County with water heater repair, replacement, and installation services.
Water Heaters We Service
- Electric tankless water heaters
- Gas tankless water heaters
- Gas water heaters
- Heat pump water heaters
- Electric water heaters
Signs that Your Water Heater Needs to be Repaired
Thinking of your water heater may not be something you think about in your day-to-day life. That is until your water heater stops working. Your water heater works around the clock every day to provide your household with hot water, so it's inevitable that your water heater will eventually have a breakdown. We have provided you with three signs to keep an eye out for, one when your water heater may need repairs.
- Irregular Water Temperature - Sometimes your water is out hot like you want, but it will come out either ice cold or even lukewarm. When your water temperature fluctuates between being scalding hot and ice cold, it could be that something is wrong with your water heater. As water heaters get older, it makes sense that they'll need more repairs. The most common reason a water heater loses heat is the accumulation of mineral deposits that cover the heating elements inside the water tank. Give us a call to come and inspect your water heater!
- Leaking Water - If you notice pooling water coming at the bottom of your water heater, this can cause corrosion to happen. If left unchecked, it can often result in the pool of water eating from outside the water heater to the inside. Make sure to call a professional Santa Rosa water heater repair technician to come and inspect the leak.
- Funny Noises - It's completely normal to hear your water heater make noises. You should only worry about strange noises coming from your water heater when they become loud bangs and popping noises. To know what the noise could be, it's important to contact our expert water heater repair technicians.
What to Consider When Replacing Your Water Heater
- The age of your water heater. Traditional tank water heaters last around 10 years, while tankless units last around 20 with proper care. Once your unit reaches that age, it may be in your best interest to consider replacing it.
- The cost of your hot water bills. As your water heater starts to break down, it will become less efficient and require more energy to heat up. If you notice a steady increase in your utility bills, you should call in a technician to diagnose the issue and determine whether or not it can be repaired.
- The number of repairs you’ve had to make. While the general rule for repair/replace is if the repair will cost at least half of the price of a new unit, the cost of constant repairs will quickly build up and can even exceed the price of a brand new unit.
Choosing a Water Heater for Your Home
If you choose a new or replacement water heater for your home, it's important to consider a few factors. For one, the size of your home and the space needed should be regarded as the ideal fuel type. Additionally, you should think about your budget. Our Santa Rosa water heater repair team can install all kinds of water heater tanks and systems and assist you in decision-making. We are more than qualified to help you make the best decision for your home, including which model is right for you and where it should be installed.
Water heaters aren't designed to last forever, and while keeping up a good maintenance routine can extend their lifespans, there will come the point when you need to choose between replacement and repair. While a brand new unit will cost more in the short term, the costs of constant repairs will pile up and can exceed the price tag if you're not careful.
What Size Water Heater Do I Need?
Choosing the right sized water heater is an important decision based on balancing function and finances. It's one of the most important plumbing fixtures in your home, and luckily making the right choice isn't too difficult to figure out:
How many people will typically use the water heater?
- 1-2 people: 30-40 gallon tank
- 2-3 people: 40-50 gallon tank
- 3-4 people: 50-60 gallon tank
- 5+ people: 60-80 gallon tank
This is just an estimate but will give you a good point to jump off of when discussing your replacement or new installation with an experienced plumber.
Rapid Water Heater Repair Service
A replacement is not always necessary, especially if your water heater is less than 10-15 years old. When our Santa Rosa water heater technicians inspect your equipment, we look for the most cost-effective solution. If we can make repairs to your equipment to solve the problem, we will offer our recommendation. At Simeone Plumbing, Inc, keeping your unit working is our top priority. In addition to repairs, we can provide preventive maintenance to keep your system running smoothly and provide sufficient hot water.
Contact Simeone Plumbing, Inc today for experienced water heater replacement in Santa Rosa!